Sunday, April 4, 2010

March?

Eh - what just happened? Oh, midterms. Compared to the other test takers out there, Term 4 and especially those who just took the boards, I feel a bit unworthy of logging any complaints about exhaustion from term 2. The exams went well but I am learning that med school tends to take your studying habit errors and magnify them.
I am always quite excited to get my score reports back. But I'm seeing a pattern - those things I knew that I did well, and those things that I did not understand so well I didn't do so well.... hmm, how does this help my inability to pick a method of studying?? I can say that my method of "no paper notes" and doing everything through annotating PDF docs has been working at least as good as scribbling a bunch of stuff on paper. So I'll stick with my... green studying.

Anyway, there was also whole healthcare stuff that passed. Yeah, about that. I think it's a good thing, but really cannot say so much in detail before I read up on it (June) and get the impression we will need to tweak the bill with add-ons in the years to come. I do intend on reading this wonderful Grand Rounds from SeeFirst though.

I also got a fan. I paid too much for this fan but since you apparently need psychic powers to predict when a fan will be posted on SGU POST and email that person the instant the put it on sale, I sucked it up and paid for it at the hardware store. Am very glad as my Midterm AC electric bill was more than the fan.

0 comments: